Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Meet The Candidates

STUDENT NOMINATIONS FOR  2018 BOT STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE

Eli Winders
Board of Trustees Student Rep. Personal Statement

I see myself as a man with respect and integrity.  I have a good understanding of the education system and enjoy study and school.

Here at St Kevin’s College I have been involved in some fantastic opportunities.  Playing in the 1st XV Rugby Team, involved in Mr Haig’s kayaking lessons, taking part in the St Kevin’s College Bishop Shield Team and currently working towards my Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award.

I am interested in the Special Character and am willing to support Jesus’ teachings of service to others.
         
Georgia Oakes

Board of Trustees Student Rep. Personal Statement

I have been a student here at St kevin’s College fo all my secondary school years and the previous year of 2013 was Head Girl of St joseph’s School, Oamaru.  Throughout the years at St Kevin’s College I have been involved in multiple sports teams including the Girls’ 1st XV Rugby Team, SKC Rowing Squad, Senior Girls’ Top 5 basketball and the Senior A Netball Team.  I am also involved in other groups and activities within the college including Peer Mentoring, SADD Committee, the Pasifika Group and currently I am working towards my Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award.

I believe this role would be a great opportunity for me to build upon the leadership qualities that I pursue and I believe that I would be a good candidate as I show passion and loyalty to our school.

If I was chosen for the position I would strive to build upon the positive school culture with has previously established good student, teacher and community connections.  I am extremely friendly and approachable person that is trustworthy and honest and I believe that this is how I can get students voices heard.  With your support I look forward to further serving the school and community and empowering students to feel comfortable in their school environment and encouraging them to do their best.

Piper Beach

Board of Trustees Student Rep. Personal Statement:

I believe I would be a good candidate for Student Rep. position because I feel strongly about letting everyone’s voice be heard and allowing them to have a say in what they would like to see throughout our school.

I love working with people and I am open to having students from all religions, ethnicities and ages come to me to have their opinions heard.

I am very empathetic and am willing to understand the feelings our student body may have and will express those feelings back to the board.  

I also am very truthful and will not be afraid to express my concerns or feelings about issues that have been expressed to me.  Along with my honesty comes my confidentiality.  Anything spoken to me by students or the board will be spoken with the comfort of knowing it will only stay between me, the students and the board.  

I do not wish for the student body to feel neglected and their voices unheard, so if I were to be selected ad Student Rep, I believe I would allow the student body’s voice to be expressed confidently so that the board of trustee members will listen, acknowledge our needs and wants and celebrate our successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment