Friday, March 9, 2018

Introducing Our New Equestrian Tutor

Introducing Janelle Gibson

Alongside being a part-time registered Nurse, I currently teach the Equestrian Programme at St Kevin’s College. I have 23 years riding experience with my main focus being on Show Jumping and Eventing. However, I am experienced in a wide range of different Equine Industries.

I currently compete to CIC2* level Eventing on a self produced ex-racehorse, with the hopes that we will soon step up to CIC3*, the pinnacle of the New Zealand Eventing scene. I have ridden successfully on the International stage on 2 occasions representing New Zealand. At the age of 16 yrs I sat and passed my Pony Club A Certificate; making me one of the youngest in the country to have ever done so. I have coached at local Pony Clubs and at private clinics for 10 years. I am an accredited NZPCA C+ Certificate Examiner and have attended numerous high performance training/coaching academies. In recent years I have started my own Equestrian business in which I hold private coaching clinics throughout the lower South Island, as well as providing schooling and sale on behalf services.

I have a broad knowledge of all things Equine as horses were always an integral part of my upbringing. My mother and father have run a successful thoroughbred racing stable for the best part of 35 years. In more recent years I have become involved heavily in Harness Racing through my partner and his family's leading trotting stable, based here in Oamaru. This racing establishment has upwards of 40 horses in training, and allows for educational opportunities for St Kevin’s College students to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment