Friday, October 25, 2013

Principal's Comment

Dear Kevinians

It is a pleasure to return to the College after three and a half months of sabbatical leave which has inspired and refreshed me professionally. Mrs Olsen and myself were officially welcomed, along with our New Zealand Champion Basketball Team. We were honoured by the passionate reception Haka which was its first public performance. I would like to thank the St Kevin's family for your prayers and good wishes during our absence. I would also like to formally record my thanks to Mr Ryan, Acting Principal and the Senior Management Team who have stepped up in my absence. I am truly grateful for your hard work and professionalism in your extended roles.

As I traveled, I read the College blog with both interest and pride. Of particular note was the excellent Education Review Office Report. I would like to acknowledge the staff and trustees of the College for their commitment to educational excellence which is reflected in such a positive and affirming report.  Sporting and Cultural Award Evenings have celebrated an impressive range of extra-curricular achievements. We have continued to demonstrate that strong academic success goes hand in hand with a rounded education encompassing passionate sports and cultural involvement. My belated congratulations to all award recipients and nominees.

Over the week, senior students have been receiving feedback from their end of year school examinations. I would encourage both students and parents to engage in a conversation about the results and look at planning the next months commitments to limit disruption and maximise study. Please remember that Wednesday Study Club is still running and is a good way to work through any issues highlighted in the examinations. Staff are available for tutorials in all learning areas.

We have a hectic few weeks ahead as seniors complete courses and prepare for examinations. Please keep the dates on the "fridge calendar" highlighted and if you need another copy, call in at the College Office.

May Gods blessing be with you this Labour Weekend.
Paul Olsen, Principal

No comments:

Post a Comment