Thursday, February 4, 2016

News From Thailand

 
The team arrived in Bangkok on the 15th January and met up with our families on the 16th. I went to the province Sakon Nakhon. It was extremely different to anything I had experienced before. The living standards are really low compared to New Zealand. The average Thai person only makes $15 NZ for a 12 hour shift, but sometimes the employer can't afford it so it's only $10. On the 4th day I was hit quite hard with the culture shock but after a few more days I was absolutely fine and started to really enjoy my time here. At my school I was put in the class Ep5 which is part of the English program. Most people can speak English. The purpose of my time here is to interact with the students and to help them out when needed. For the past two weekends I have been to Bangkok for my sisters university tests and interviews.

Holly Malcolm

No comments:

Post a Comment