Friday, August 9, 2019

Acting Principal Blog

Kia ora Kevinians and Supporters of the College

It's been a very interesting week. I have been at the New Zealand Deputy Principal Conference in Wellington. There is so much happening in education that will have real impact on our students futures. I have attended keynote talks by Anne Milne, Marcus Akaharta- Brown and Nigel Latta to name a few but much more of an impact on me has been the workshops run by senior managers from schools all over the country. These people are doing really innovative things and I will definitely bring some of the ideas back to our community to add to our initiatives.

Obirin school have spent the week in classes experiencing lessons with their buddies. It is really a valuable experience for all concerned.

This weekend the Bishops Shield team will be competing at Verdon College. We wish them every blessing and hope they have a cultural experience that adds depth to them as people. I'm confident with the build up and practice that they will bring back some silverware for the trophy cabinet. My special thanks to the large number of teachers involved and for their commitment to their students.

I hope you have a pleasant and enjoyable weekend.

God bless

Ngā mihi nui


Kerry Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment