Friday, June 11, 2021

Principal's Comment

Kia Ora Kevinians and Supporters of the College,

I could not have submitted the blog this week without addressing the fact that this week I have resigned from the College effective from Jan 2022. This has been a tough decision as I truly feel that St Kevin's College is my spiritual home. It is in my teaching DNA having been where I have spent my most formative years as a teacher and senior leader and finally as Principal. My wife and I have lived on site, I have raised my children here and it is no overstatement to say that I love this place. Over my time at the helm, I have been lucky to have formed an excellent team of administrators, leaders, curriculum leaders and staff and together I feel that we have developed not only a high performing school academically, but a school which lives its values of Family, Integrity, Respect and Excellence. I have no qualms about leaving the school in such capable hands and I thank the School Board for not only its support of me in the past, but for its ongoing support as we move into the future.

I am excited about the prospect of being able to develop and support Catholic Education across Otago and Southland in my new position and am thrilled that while my relationship to the College will be different, there will still very much be a link in my new role. I am looking forward to the appointment of our next Principal and ask that the community support them in the way that you have supported me. It is an exciting time for the college community. The Board will be seeking community feedback around the attributes you feel are important in our next school leader and I encourage you to contribute to that process.

May God bless you.

Ngā mihi nui
Paul Olsen