Friday, March 28, 2014

Principal's Comment


Kia Ora Kevinians and Friends in the St Kevin's Community

It is great to be back in the College following a very productive trip to China over the last fortnight. It has taken me a few days to shake of the jet lag as there is a five hour time difference. I wish to express my sincere thanks those who have helped in my absence, especially  
Mr Ryan, Deputy Principal. I am pleased to report that we have confirmed the sister school relationship and hope to have a delegation of 20 students and three teachers from Gong'an No1. Senior Middle School visiting in term three. I am looking forward to reciprocating the superb hospitality Mr Brand and I have received. At assembly this week I had the opportunity to share some images of the school with the students.

Congratulations to our rowing squad who are participating at the Maadi Cup this week which is being held at Lake Ruataniwha. I am looking forward to joining the team on Saturday for the final races.

Also active this week have been our kayak team who participated in the National Secondary School Competition. Thank you to Mr Haig for accompanying the squad and providing the coaching in this emerging sport.

Today I was invited to view a rendition of the new haka which will be performed at the welcome to the Senior Catholic Schools Sports exchange in Gore in two weeks time. I am very impressed with the way the College has supported this initiative and how positively they have embraced the challenge. We are looking forward to this annual fixture which is being hosted by St Peter's College in Gore on Sunday 13 and Monday 14 April.

Thank you to the Sports Council for organising the Netball Sevens Competition next Saturday April 5. This venture is aimed at raising funds for sports development within the College. This fun team day will have excellent prizes as well as other actives within the College grounds. Call the office if you know of anyone wishing to enter a team.

This Sunday I will be welcoming Mr Peter Leuenberger from Edmund Rice Education Australia. Peter is looking to establish trans-Tasmin  links between Edmund Rice Schools. Edmund Rice Education Australia is larger than the entire New Zealand Catholic Secondary system and has a wealth of experience and expertise which I am keen to be able to share.

May God bless you

Paul Olsen, 
Principal

No comments:

Post a Comment