Thursday, May 7, 2020

Staff Profile- Ms Jo Walshe

Introducing Ms Jo Walshe!

Jo is our Assistant Principal and also teaches Art and Drama.

1. How long have you been at SKC?

I was here for 7 years way back when, and in this, my second time around I have been here 7 years again this time.

2. Where were you and what were you doing before coming to SKC?

I was working at Waitaki Boys High School teaching English and before that I was at Waimate High School as Head of English there.

3. If you could invite any 3 people to a dinner party who would you invite and why?

Mikhail Gorbachev - former Russian President because he was in charge of Russia during the transition from the USSR and what it is today and he would be fascinating. Craig Mawson will be pleased to know I used to have a picture of him on my wardrobe door when I was a teenager .

Robert Smith from The Cure - because I love their music and I love his poetic lyrics, and I will be a Cure fan until I die.

Jacinda Ardern - because she probably needs a break right now and my husband cooks a mean curry.

4. What do you do outside of teaching?

I am so boring. I love working in my garden, looking after my chooks and my aviary birds. I also spend a lot of time running around after my family and I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading. I read about three novels a week.

5. If you could have one super power what would it be?

I think flying would be really cool but then I think, I'm so lazy about running when I have two good legs, so I suspect I may just sit on the couch watching Grand Designs and my wings would be a waste of time. Also, being a chicken owner, I'd worry about getting red mite in my feathers.

At this point healing would come in pretty handy!