Monday, May 11, 2020

Staff Profile- Mr Ben Rawson

Introducing Mr Ben Rawson! Ben teaches PE, English, Maths, and is the Year 13 Dean. He is also the Manager of the 1st XV Rugby Team.

1. How long have you been at SKC?

I arrived in 2016. Was just meant to do some relieving as my younger brother and sister were both here but liked the place so stuck around with a few hiatuses here and there.

2. Where were you and what were you doing before coming to SKC?

I had just come back from being overseas. I went and did Camp America in USA (obviously), and then did 2 years teaching in the UK. I do love to travel so was ticking off some countries.

3. If you could invite any 3 people to a dinner party who would you invite and why?

Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Lebron James, and then my dinner would just be popcorn as I watch them argue over GOAT status.

4. What do you do outside of teaching?

I enjoy (yes you read it right) working at the hostel but like to go driving and explore different scenic places. Still got plenty of places locally and internationally left to tick off my travel list.

5. If you could have one super power what would it be?

Probably teleportation. Not only would it allow me to travel easily but also see my friends around the world. Check out the 2008 movie Jumper to see what I mean.