Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Staff Profile- Mrs Rachel Fowler

Introducing Mrs Rachel Fowler! Rachel teaches Food & Nutrition and Religious Studies, and is also the 1st VII Netball Coach.

1. How long have you been at SKC?

I've been here teaching 10 years.


2. Where were you and what were you doing before coming to SKC?

Teaching at Marian College and Christchurch Boys High School in between having the children.

3. If you could invite any 3 people to a dinner party who would you invite and why?

Lois Muir she is someone who I watched coach as I grew up and have admired.

Bernice Mene - I went to school with Bernice and played with her at school, however I have not seen her for about 20 years and would love to talk to her about her experience in the Silver Ferns and also see what she is up to now.

Jamie Oliver - I love his cooking style and also love that he has spent lot of time in America helping with nutrition in schools.

4. What do you do outside of teaching?

Spend time watching my wonderful 4 children play sport and running around after them and my husband. I coach the Senior A netball team which I love, I also umpire senior netball and I love spending time walking our dogs and going to the gym.

5. What's your greatest sporting achievement?

My greatest playing achievement is being part of the team that won SISS when I was at high school, and my greatest coaching achievement was at SISS last year, seeing the huge improvement the girls made from the start of the week to the finish, finishing the last quarter of the last game 12-6 against Colomba to come 10th overall.

6. If you could have one super power what would it be?

Time travel - I would like to be able to go back in time to watch more netball.

Rachel and Justin have just become grandparents to 11 golden retriever puppies! Check out their Lucy below with her brood.