Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Student Profile: Special Character Deputy Head Girl Bethan Ardouin!

Introducing Special Character Deputy Head Girl Bethan Ardouin!

1. What are your interests?

I really love the performing arts; playing piano, guitar and singing (especially singing duets with my sister), acting in musicals and school plays, speeches, debating and dance. I also enjoy being active although I'm not the best at sports. I like tramping, playing football and running.

2. What are your plans for next year?

Next year, I want to go to Otago University and start a Bachelor of Science majoring in Psychology. Psychology has really interested me for as long as I can remember so I've already put a lot of effort into learning and understanding it as a practice. The way I see it, psychology is a way that I will be able to better understand and empathise with people and help them in the way that they need.

3. What have you been doing to keep busy in your isolation bubble?

Recently I've been doing a lot of cooking. I really enjoy baking and cooking for my family and especially trying out new recipes and perfecting ones I already know. I've also spend a lot of time gardening, cleaning and watching anime.

4. Any words of wisdom you'd like to share?

If I have any words of advice, it would be to allow for the bad feelings that will come during isolation. Trying to bottle up negative thoughts or deny that you are feeling them at all can only help for so long. There are places to go if your mental health is not in the best place during isolation. Mr Harris is available and there are also various websites dedicated to helping people through isolation. As other people have said, we are in this together, so you don't have to face the rough times alone.