Friday, August 30, 2013

Andrew's Take On The Ranfurly Shield

I was shouting for Otago although they couldn't hear me.  I wish to go to Forsyth Barr Stadium and cheer on Otago but I can cheer them on by watching the game on TV.

Their first Ranfurly Shield challenge is against Hawkes Bay.  I wonder what the chance of Hawkes Bay taking our round from us would be.

The score was 26-19.  I was laughing and cheering.  I was laughing at the TV when the shield was handed over to Otago.  I never thought the day would come.  I was happy when Otago won.  If they win every game they will be through to the Premiership.

It's their first shield challenge against Hawkes Bay.  Hopefully they can defend and keep it for the summer.  One of the nurses from Iona is going to the game.  Jane's going to the first Ranfurly Shield challenge to cheer on Otago.

Dad said, "Be careful, because Otago haven't beaten Waikato, so don't get your hopes up".  Mum said, "Go, Otago".

All Thursday I was saying, "Go, Otago", because I wanted the boys to win the Ranfurly Shield, while Dad said, "Don't get too excited", but I was already excited for the game.  I was a wee bit too excited, so Dad said "Calm down."  He said, "The game's not on yet, Andrew, so calm down!"

GJ Tiwani scored a double and I knew then that it was possible for Otago.  Then Hayden Parker missed a shot at goal so I though that was a good sweat.  I knew the Ranfurly Shield was definitely coming home to Otago!

I'm glad the boys won.  Every moment of the game I was yelling at the TV, "Come on boys.  Get the ball back.  Create something for nothing."

The Centre almost scored three tries.  I like the Centre for Otago, although I'm not sure what his name is, but he took a kick last week to score against the Bay of Plenty.

Otago has a never give up, never die attitude.  That's what I said.  It certainly paid off in the long run.  I was rapt when the full time siren went.  I was even happier when the ref blew for full time, and YES!!!! We got the shield.

Please don't loose the plank of wood to anyone, Otago!  Your first challenge is Sunday against the Hawkes Bay Magpies at Forsyth Barr in Dunedin.

I'm missing the Otago players who are in the All Blacks.  I can't wait until the boys come back from the quad nations to make the team stronger.

I believe in Otago to keep winning and never say die.

By Andrew Easton - Yr13

No comments:

Post a Comment